« Home | Optomizer.pl » 

Friday, October 07, 2005

Obfuscating Web Pages

I was reading my spam on one of my many online accounts, hoping to find some new vunerability used for spyware installation or something when I stumbled across something interesting. It was a web page that had it's source code encrypted and used a VBScript to decrypt and display it dynamically. I thought is was a pretty ineresting idea. Their page is at:



http://www.hot-gerlz.net/julie/just4you.htm (not recomended for work)



Ofcourse, it didn't display properly in Mozilla Firefox, and this bothered me. So, I set out to create a program that would obfuscate web pages in a similar manner using JavaScript, rather than VBScript.



Here is what I came up with:

http://whatwouldjesusdo.cc/pubencode.pl



The idea behind the original program (I think) is that content filters looking for certain words would not find anything amiss on the page, and so they would let it pass. But, I think that the concept could also be used to disguise mallicous code as well.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment